We are regarded as being a major Quantity Surveying Practice in the Otago area, and have successfully completed the cost management role for many major projects. Steve, Brett and Jeremy are Registered Quantity Surveyors and have been actively involved in their profession on a local and national level. This has taken both Steve and Jeremy to the position of National President of the New Institute of Quantity Surveyors. Jeremy Shearer is the current President of the NZ Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
We firmly believe that cost management is strongly linked to effective project management. Budgets are often paramount and our aim is to ensure that the initial cost advice is both accurate and adhered to. We have formed links with other Quantity Surveying Practices throughout New Zealand to form a fully comprehensive service in the cost management field. These links provide access to a comprehensive database involving a wide variety of projects. Our practice utilises up to the moment computer equipment and software.
General Quantity Services Include:
- Feasibility studies – establish if a project is viable on an economic basis.
- Cost benefit analysis – check cost benefits of a project against deficits, to establish if a positive outcome can be achieved.
- Preliminary cost estimates – check or establish initial project budgets.
- Value engineering and cost planning – ensure most economical systems are utilised and budgets are maintained during the design process.
- Assessment – of labour, materials and other contract costs to provide an independent assessment for either litigation or tender assessment.
- Scheduling – schedule works for pricing and tendering.
- Cost management of projects – ensure that tender costs are adhered to and changes to the contract are costed on a reasonable basis.